Area Frame Establishment Survey (AFES)
- Objective of AFES:
- To provide employment estimates for a sizeable segment of the economy covering establishments employing 9 or less workers.
- To assess relative change in employment over successive quarters.
- Nine Sectors covered in AFES:
- Manufacturing, Construction, Trade, Transportation, Education, Health, Accommodation & Restaurants, IT/BPO and Financial Service activities.
- Sample Size allocation of AFES
- Total 15992 FSUs (bifurcated in urban and rural area) covering about 2.5 lakh establishments.